Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Boxing Day

The new decade
upon us,
shades of slate
in our victories
and our losses.

We dream of escape;
there is none.

I hear house sounds
in your absence.
Snowplows,
like thunder,
through the whiteness
that penetrates deeper
still.

The shadow moves with us,
our forever thread,
woven once more,
and still dreaming
we become entwined.

I wake to new life,
your breath upon me.

The house
breathes
in your absence.

It carries me.
Wind, rushing past,
my body alive.
Test pattern static,
keeping the time.

The house breathes,
whispering in your absence,
the clanging pipes,
the hiss of the radiator,
the cold streets,
my hand upon the window pane.

1 comment:

  1. I liked it a lot. It really made you think. The first two words that came to mine while reading it was deep and mezmorizing.

    Check out my blog I just posted a poem as well.

    http://acprettynpink98.blogspot.com/

    Good luck with your book of poetry!

    ReplyDelete